What is the difference between keywords and search queries?
Keywords and search queries are often confused, it’s understandable, but let’s take a closer look.
Search queries there are words or phrases that users enter into a search engine to find specific information.
Keywords there are words and phrases that are added to the text during optimization. Keywords can coincide with search queries, but they are mostly different.
Take a look at the example below. On the left are examples of keywords, and on the right are search queries. Search queries are less concise and may contain typos. Often queries do not sound like a solution to a problem (« lights zoo »), but like the action the person wants to make (« sandwiches to order”).
Types of search queries
Search queries differ in intent, that is, the purpose for which the query is entered. The main types of search queries are:
- Navigational – queries that are entered in order to find general information about an item or brand. For example: « Mazda, » « solar power plants.”
- Transactional – queries that are entered in order to buy a product or order services. For example: « buy Mazda », “order solar power plants”.
- Informational – queries that aim to solve a specific practical problem. For example: « repair Mazda engine”, “how to install solar power plants”.
How to find keywords with Serpstat tool?
Finding variations of keywords and adding them to your site is important for many reasons:
- Get more traffic;
- Find new categories for niche businesses.
Enter the main search query for which we want to optimize the page. For example, let’s take the word « Mazda » and look at all the keyword variations.
The example below shows 60K results. Filter by volume, cost, or other metrics to narrow down the list and copy the phrases as shown in the screenshot for quick transfer to the next report.
How to find keywords and how to work with them? Let’s start with the selection of search queries. First, let’s move on to the Keyword Research tool.
Now go to Keyword patterns. We note that the tool is based on artificial intelligence and machine learning, which means the result will be as natural as possible.
Try Keyword patterns and other tools right now.
Test Serpstat tools for free for 7 days and see the benefits for yourself! Save time on your tasks with keywords, get more ideas for content optimization and let AI create titles, description, and articles.
Enter the collected keywords to the window and click Run.
Results will be displayed like this:
The tool shows the main words of the pattern and variations of the keyword, which can be substituted where the bottom space is, to create tags, filters, product categories, etc. All information is available for export in CSV format.
How to use the tool? Where will it be useful?
We won’t limit you, because there are a lot of use cases, for absolutely different tasks, and here are a few options for using Keyword patterns:
- Working with competitor’s pool of keywords. Collect competitor’s keywords list and add each competitor’s queries to the Keyword patterns. By using a variety of words and variants, you can expand the pool of keywords of your website. Even if such search queries have minimal volume, they will bring additional traffic;
- More ideas for a website structure. For example, with a Keyword patterns tool, you can find more options for product categories and structure them properly;
- More options for filters and tags pages. The same logic works here. The Keyword pattern tool will show more possible variations and the principle of forming pages with tags.
- Additional ideas for a content plan. If there are many search queries similar in structure, you can find more variations of such queries.
- Meta tags variations. With Keyword patterns, you can select variations for creating meta tags.
Other Serpstat tools for working with content
In addition to Keyword patterns, there are 11 other tools based on machine learning and AI. Tasks such as publishing articles, creating ads, rewriting or checking typos will take a couple of minutes. The tools are available in several languages, see the link for the full list.
- Title generation. The tool generates a title based on relevant search queries in a text. With this tool, it is much easier to generate a tag that will be effective for promotion;
- Description generation. This tool creates a correct description, optimized for relevant queries of the page. Do not focus on creating description only, you can also use the text for product categories description, for example;
- Paraphrasing. Paraphrasing allows you to create several versions of the same text or quickly improve the uniqueness of an existing text. Change your own or your competitors’ texts in a couple of seconds;
- Grammar and spelling. The tool checks your text for grammatical and spelling mistakes. Make sure there are no mistakes in your text to publish quality content;
- Article generation. This tool generates a full article based on a suggested title. The article consists of structured text with a highlighted introduction, subheadings, and a conclusion;
- Keywords extraction. Extract a list of the keywords most relevant to the text. Set the most appropriate settings for extracting keywords from the submitted text;
- Bag of words. The tool extracts words and phrases that are used in the text most often. Check the level of spamming or vice versa, which phrases are not enough in the text;
- Article builder. Generate an article step by step: first, a title based on keywords, then an outline of the article, and then individual paragraphs. Edit where necessary or skip unnecessary steps;
- FAQ generation. Generate a block of frequent questions based on the main search query. Use it to create a structured block and get to the top of the search results;
- Plagiarism checker. Check the uniqueness of the text and detect the presence of plagiarism in it. The tool shows the percentage of the text were taken from existing sources without any changes. % uniqueness is one of the parameters of SEO analysis of texts;
- Ad generation. Create a title and description for the ad based on the keywords entered. Immediately below the generated ad is a list of similar ads that are found in the Serpstat database.
Automating routine tasks with keywords and content not only frees up time, but also increases efficiency and helps you find out-of-the-box solutions to get ahead of the competition. And machine learning tools will be your advantage in the marketing race. Save time on content creation and money on finding copywriters!
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries! Our editor will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community 🙂